Jack is two weeks old today. We feel this is quite a milestone. In two weeks, Jack has learned how to do the following things:
- Pee on dad at every diaper change
- Move his limbs in all directions
- Tell us he's hungry
- Tell us he needs to burp
- Tell us he wants to be held
- Shed his skin
- Lose his umbilical cord
- Bob his head up and down
- Roll onto his side
- Get out of a baby burrito
- Lose the silly hat and socks
- Make the dogs all but disappear
- Produce visitors at our door in what feels like 30 second intervals
- Keep two adults completely, totally devoted to his happiness and well-being
We celebrated his TwoWeek-Day by visiting a guilty pleasure of B.C. (Before Child): waffles for breakfast.
This is the photo from my original blog post about it:
This is the photo from the waffles I attempted this morning:
So I fired up our largest skillet and we had pancakes instead. Do you think it's a sign? Over here in New Jack Haven, we roll with the pancake punches ;)
*It turns out that my favorite waffle recipe makes superb pancakes -- the oil makes them crispy.
Jack slept for nearly 5 hours last night. Then he stayed awake, alert and wanting to interact, for 3 full hours this afternoon. The we played the "I'm too hungry to sleep but too sleepy to eat" game for another 1.5 hours. Either, he's going to sleep a ton tonight, or we're going to be miserable. Wish us luck!