Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Silly doesn't even begin to describe it


A followup to the facebook photos...


We really had way too much fun at Halloween.


Jack was a Lion. I made his costume while I was still on maternity leave. I used pipe cleaners for the base of the mane. I wove in silk flowers and lots of tassley yarn to make it all stick out. He had little anklets and wristlets of tassley yarn, a tail with a pompom of yarn, and little "paws" made from scrap leather and black felt. It was a blast.


I hardly got any photos of our Halloween Potluck Party on Saturday, mostly because I was too busy having fun and laughing with the other parents over our silly, adorable babies. Everyone went all out.

There was a bumblebee...


And a lobster...


Two of Jack's friends from daycare were there. This is Jessie, who was a fearsome dinosaur:


And Ellis, who was an excellent dragon:


Ironically, the snowman was the warmest of us all:


However, the winner of the evening was clear, and it was the chicken:


Now imagine what this scene looks like when the five month old girl starts flapping her feet around.

I think I'm still laughing.

1 comment:

  1. jack is the cutest lil 'wild thang' we've ever seen! love ya buddy! uncle timmy wants to meet you ; )

    ReplyDelete