Thursday, July 5, 2012

Well, well, well



Introducing one Wesley Knight, born 7/1/2012 at 6:56am, nearly three weeks early, frank breech, and 7lb9oz! This little fellow will definitely be approaching life on his own terms :)


Wesley looks so much like Jack that I've caught myself saying the wrong name a few times


Even though I had very good control of my blood sugar in this pregnancy, Wesley is one big baby! At first I thought I might have gotten the dates wrong and perhaps he was closer to term... but really, I am so, so certain when I ovulated. Everything always matched up - ultrasound prediction, fundal height, and what I knew was going on. My doctor and midwife both thought he looked exactly like he should for being early (vernix, proportions). So, he would have been a very big baby had he baked for a full 40 weeks.


Wesley had some minor issues in the hospital - tachypnea (a fairly common breathing issue), heart murmur (that went away within a few days), and jaundice (that does not require treatment... but is making him very sleepy!). But he is healthy overall and we are so grateful.



Jack is beyond thrilled to be a big brother. I can't wait to write about their introduction! Truly one of the most special moments of my life.


We are home, now, and Wesley is doing great. He is unbelievably chill and quite content to spent all of his awake time looking around with his big, beautiful eyes.



We are adjusting to life with a toddler and a newborn! It is easier, I think, than life with a toddler and toddler. We will be finding out about that soon enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment